Best Faraday Bags, Pouches, and RFID Wallets Reviewed
Technological advancement is showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon. In fact, technology seems to progress faster with each passing day.
With our smart phones, tablets, and laptops containing gobs of personal and financial information, it’s no surprise that criminal hacking has kept pace with our technology. Increased wireless connectivity has made our devices constantly vulnerable to attack.
Thankfully there is a solution to shut the door on hackers: Purchasing a Faraday bag.
When looking for the best Faraday bag, it’s important that you consider exactly what you will need. That’s why we reviewed the top Faraday bags, pouches, rfid wallets and cases. We want to get you set up with the the best Faraday product for your needs.
How Does A Faraday Bag Work?
You might be surprised to know that the concept of Faraday bags was invented near 200 years ago. The Faraday shield, or cage, was first conceived of by a British inventor named Michael Faraday, who designed a continuous shield of conductive material to intercept electrical currents and protect the interior.
When the shielding in your Faraday Pouch or wallet is exposed to an external electrical field, the conductive shielding captures the electromagnetic field and effectively cancels the field’s effect in the cage’s interior.
Many government defense agencies and law enforcement officials use faraday bags to protect sensitive documents and information, as they shield the interior from external electromagnetic fields. When hackers attempt to make data transfers via RFID, cellular data, Wifi/Bluetooth, or even GPS, their efforts are stonewalled.
1. Faraday Bag: Mission Darkness X2 Faraday Duffel Bag
This duffel bag from Mission Darkness landed the top spot on our list for Best Faraday bags due to it’s great all-around versatility. With rugged build quality, and plenty of space, you can keep any number of items secure from meddling crooks.
One of the features that makes this Faraday bag a stand-out, is that you really get two Faraday bags with this option. The side compartment securely attaches with molle straps, so you can disconnect the smaller 8″ x 6″ x 2 compartment whenever needed. Two of the best Faraday bags, in one top tier package.
Both compartments effectively shield cellular data, Wifi and Bluetooth, RFID, GPS, and radio frequency signals with an average attenuation of 60-80dB.
Mission Darkness Faraday Bags cater to the needs of serious operations such as military and defense agents. This is a military-grade Faraday bag that is uniquely serialized, and constructed with a ballistic nylon outer shell.
The inner fabrics feature a dual-layer of high-shielding fabric that surrounds all sides of the duffel. And Mission Darkness secures the seam construction with a dual paired seam as well.
If you’ve been searching through all the Faraday bags that say they can get-it-done, look no further. This duffel can shield heaps of cell phones, wallets, tablets, and even laptops. We highly recommend the Mission Darkness X2 Faraday Bag to keep your sensitive data hidden away from prying eyes.
- Military-grade faraday duffel bag with MOLLE webbing on front side, unshielded outer zipper compartment, and detachable MOLLE faraday pouch with quick snap straps.
- Shields multiple laptops, cell phones, tablets, GPS units, electronic toll collection transponders (like E-ZPass), keyfobs, or other small to large devices from ALL wireless signals. EMI shielding & RFI shielding. Primarily designed for law enforcement forensic investigators, also used for military, executive travel, personal security, EMP protection, and solar flare protection.
- Blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals (4G LTE+), GPS, RFID, and radio signals with 60-80dB average attenuation. Two layers of high-shielding fabric on all sides with dual paired seam construction.
- Main Duffel Dimensions: 26" x 13" x 13" | Detachable MOLLE Faraday Pouch Dimensions: 8" x 6" x 2"
- Uniquely serialized for asset tracking. Closable pocket on back to place company/agency information. Water-resistant ballistic nylon outer materials.
2. Faraday Pouch: Silent Pocket Waterproof Faraday Dry Bag
Here is another military-grade Faraday pouch that is built incredibly well, and designed to take the abuse of hard field use. Silent Pocket holds the only patented Faraday Cage System, and makes products that defense contractors and federal agencies trust with their sensitive data.
In addition to having a signal-proof design, this faraday pouch also offers a 100% waterproof design. You won’t find many faraday bags that bring this level of protection from hacking and also protect from your environment.
This 10 liter Faraday bag measures 13″ x 9″ x 9″ when fully rolled shut, so you’ll have plenty of room for cell phones and even most tablets. The extra space makes this a perfect option for outdoor enthusiasts or traveling in unpredictable conditions.
Silent Pocket designed their Waterproof Faraday Bag with rugged durability and function in mind. They used high quality Rip Stop 210D Nylon TPU that raises the bar on strength and reliability.
This waterproof Faraday pouch is also designed to be functional, and provide hands-free carrying when needed. The optional shoulder strap loops and included shoulder strap make this Faraday pouch a quick sling option that leaves your hands available to hold other items.
We really like this Faraday pouch a lot. Its a highly capable dry bag that effectively blocks RFID, WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC, Cellular, GPS, as well as RF fields. And if that isn’t enough, it also provides EMF protection against electrosmog and long-term EMF radiation exposure.
- TRUSTED BRAND AND TECHNOLOGY: Silent Pocket is the only patented Faraday Cage system on the market. Trusted by the US Government and Global Enterprise Companies. Don't leave your safety and security in the hands of just any product.
- 100% WATERPROOF AND SIGNAL-PROOF DRY BAG: Protect your gear from the elements and protect yourself from being hacked! This waterproof backpack is perfect for outdoor lifestyle and travel. This is a great waterproof bag for kayaking, boating, camping, beach. Also great for swim and gym - keep your devices away from wet clothes and away from hackers!
- MILITARY GRADE FARADAY BAG: Made from the highest quality Rip Stop 210D Nylon TPU - this dry sack is extremely durable while blocking all wireless signals. When full and properly rolled shut, the 10 Liter Faraday Dry Bag is 13" x 9" x 9" (inches). Fits all modern smart phones and most tablets.
- BLOCKS ALL SIGNALS: 100% Signal Blocking Faraday Cage Technology. This Faraday Bag is the perfect RFID Blocker. Our technology shields against RFID, WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC, Cellular, GPS, Radio - every signal type! Also provides EMF protection against the long term effects of EMF Radiation.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Our Faraday bags are made from high quality durable Military Grade Nylon TPU with our proprietary signal blocker technology layered inside it. 100% money back guarantee! Our Encinitas, California based customer service agents will address any questions or concerns you may have.
3. RFID Wallet: Dango D01 Dapper EDC Wallet
For a skilled hacker, our credit cards provide access to thousands of dollars in credit, and sensitive personal data that could lead to identity theft. With that in mind, an RFID wallet makes a lot of sense these days, and the Dango D01 Dapper EDC wallet is a stand-out ion that field.
This RFID embodies the term rugged, and is made to stand up to maltreatment. At the core of this wallet is an aluminum chassis that is CNC machined from a solid block of aluminum. EMF’s cannot pass through aluminum so this material is ideal for EMF protection.
Laid over that rugged aluminum chassis is genuine top grain leather, which comes in a variety of colors, and is bolted to the chassis.
This is a bifold leather RFID wallet that features 3 separate pockets to hold your cards or ID. Each pocket can hold up to four cards, and all pockets offer RFID blocking to keep your data safe and sound.
This wallet is definitely one of those small-but-mighty items. Weighting in at just under two ounces, it certainly qualifies as high speed, low-drag. The wallet also features a silicone band for retaining your bills, as well as an attachment point for a lanyard.
As you can see, the Dango D01 Dapper EDC RFID Wallet places security at the top of the list. This RFID wallet is wildly popular, so get it while you can.
- Genuine top grain leather that is secured to the Dango Wallet chassis with mil-spec bolts
- High capacity 3 pocket bifold leather which holds up to 4 cards per pocket
- RFID blocking keeps your information secure
- Made from 6061 aerospace grade CNC'd aluminum, weighs just over 2 ounces
- TSA compliant
4. Faraday Laptop Bag: Mission Darkness Non-Window Faraday Bag for Laptops
Mission Darkness faraday bags are highly sought after products and for good reason. They meet at the perfect crossroads of top performance and reasonable pricing.
This faraday bag for laptops is another winner in the Mission Darkness line. You’ll find the same reliable protection trusted by executives, military, and intelligence officials of all varieties.
With inner dimensions of 18″ x 14.5″ this faraday bag provides enough room for large laptops and additional electronics. You can protect your laptop, tablet, and cellphone all in one faraday pouch.
Mission Darkness faraday bags prohibit signal transmission from Wifi, Bluetooth, RFID, GPS, and radio frequency signals. You’ll also benefit personally from EMF protection as well as device preservation in the even of catastrophic solar flares or EMP attacks.
Mission Darkness raised the bar on military-grade faraday bags by actually complying to military specifications (MIL STD 188-125) for electromagnetic field protection. This bag features a rugged ballistic nylon construction as well as a unique serial number for identification and asset tracking purposes.
Overall, there is a lot of value packed into this no-nonsense faraday bag. If you are looking for a reasonably priced faraday pouch that can protect you and your personal electronics from hackers, this is truly a tremendous option.
- Military-grade faraday bag designed for law enforcement forensic investigators. Used for forensics, military, executive travel, personal security, EMP protection, and solar flare protection.
- EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) protection approved! Tested and compliant to MIL STD 188-125 specifications by Keystone Compliance (report available upon request). Preserves the working integrity of electronic devices in the event of EMP or CME.
- Blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals (4G LTE+), GPS, RFID, and radio signals with 60-80dB average attenuation.
- Outer dimensions: 22" x 15" x .1" | Inner usage dimensions: 18" x 14.5." Double roll and Velcro closure.
- Uniquely serialized for asset tracking, closable pocket on back to place company/agency information. Constructed of water-resistant ballistic nylon outer materials.
5. Faraday Phone Case: SafeSleeve Anti Radiation RFID iPhone Case
With so much financial information stored on our cellphones, many of us are carrying a hackers dream right in our jacket pocket. Mobile payments and contactless technology allow for point of sale transactions via radio frequency waves.
It was just a matter of time before hackers stepped into this equation, but this is also where an EMF blocking phone case becomes invaluable. And since your phone holds a lot more than just financial information, a reliable faraday phone case can protect other personal data that could be used against you.
The SafeSleeve Anti Radiation RFID case also provides internal storage and protection for up to 4 credit cards along with room for your cash. It is a really nice travel companion when you need a simple package that will keep your information protected.
This case is also a nice hands-free option for reading or movie watching. The built-in kickstand holds your phone upright when you rest it on a flat surface, so you can accomplish other tasks.
- LAB TESTED PROTECTION - FCC accredited lab tested shielding technology embedded in front flap blocks up to 99 percent of EMF cell phone radiation; The SafeSleeve EMF protection cell phone case for iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 wallet case keeps you and your information safe.
- MILITARY GRADE SHIELDING - Integrated into the front flap, SafeSleeve's EMF Radiation Protection cell phone case includes the latest cellular radio frequency blocking technology, each iPhone case features robust material as a protective blocker against RFID thieves and EMF Radiation.
- BUILT-IN WALLET - Put that EMF protection cell phone case to use with a RFID blocking full wallet; the card holder area carries up to 4 credit or business cards, plus room for cash and additional documentation to keep safe.
- BUILT-IN STAND - Use your EMF Protection SafeSleeve's built-in kickstand to quickly prop up your phone for reading, video, and movie watching; if you've got a flat surface nearby, you can use your phone hands-free. Radiation protection for cell phones just got easier!
- VEGAN LEATHER - Rare among EMF protection cell phone cases, this vegan leather construction provides a rich, professional look while remaining free of animal products; the perfect iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 case for men and women. Feel confident knowing you're using a stylish cruelty free EMF protecting cell phone case.
How To Choose Faraday Bags, Pouches & RFID Wallets
- Signal Blocking – Many users of modern technology do not know that data transfers can happen even when you don’t want them to through accidental Wi-Fi connection. Blocking signals when you don’t want data transfers occurring is more important than many folks realize. That’s why faraday bags, pouches and cases are standard equipment for many governmental agencies. Cyber criminals are provided an avenue of attack through active Wi-Fi when your personal device inadvertently connects to an open Wi-Fi router. If they gain access to your confidential and private data, then your cost in the long run could be exorbitant.
- EMF Shielding – EMF sensitivities have long been documented. But beyond sensitivities, the dangers of EMF exposure are still being discovered by the scientific community throughout the world. Potential risks have been explained and documented as well, but our addiction to the convenience of wireless telecommunications is showing no signs of slowing down. Faraday Bags, Pouches & Wallets provide a measure of anti-radiation protection that serves to reduce your exposure to unnecessary EMF radiation.
- Trusted Technology – There are a lot of bogus claims surrounding EMF products that don’t pass the sniff test. Faraday Bag & Pouch manufacturers that submit their products to the scientific community for lab testing and scrutiny are a good indicator that their products are the real deal, and can perform under real life conditions. Transparency and legitimacy are important if you want a quality faraday pouch, so don’t just jump at a good price when the manufacturer asserts that they make the best of the best faraday bags.
- Identity Protection – Keeping your credit cards in a faraday wallet is really smart these days. RFID wallets keep the financial information and RFID chips secured from unwanted attempts at data theft. If hackers gain access, identity theft is right at their fingertips and they could turn your whole life upside down in a day. Prying eyes want to see, and you can keep it all locked up safely with an RFID wallet or faraday case.