Best Low EMF Hair Dryer Reviews
EMF awareness has gone mainstream and many folks are aware that high levels of electromagnetic radiation are produced by cell phones, tablets, and computers. But did you know hair dryers are one of the worst producers of high levels of EMF’s in your home?
Who knew that your harmless attempt to blow dry your hair was legitimately engulfing your head with harmful EMF’s?
That’s why we reviewed the best low EMF hair dryers. There are a number of great options available, so we looked over the details of 5 of the best low EMF blow dryers.
Why do Hairdryers Produce EMF?
One important point to understand about electromagnetism is that anything that conducts electricity will have an electromagnetic field of some size or another. Even the lamps that light your home will produce EMF’s.
Here is the important difference between your hair dryer and the lamp in your home: After getting out of the shower, you don’t hold your head a hands-width from from your lamp for extended periods of time.
The Effects of High EMF Hairdryers
Since high EMF hairdryers are constantly bombarding your head and hair with charged particles, they also stand a good chance of causing unwanted effects on your hair, such as frizz from static electricity. But your high EMF blow dryer could also be eroding your health, effecting your sleep patterns, and causing fatigue.
Top Low EMF Blow Dryer Chart
Best Low EMF Hair Dryers
Our first choice went to the Elchim 3900 EMF hair dryer due to the all-around tremendous performance. Along with being a healthy, low EMF hair dryer, this unit also offers far infrared heat that further lowers radiation levels and protects your hair from getting damaged from excessive heat.
This is an Italian-designed blow dryer that provides all the features you would expect from a pro, salon caliber hairdryer. The ionic and ceramic heating element produces a healthy luster and shine only found in the very best low EMF hair dryers.
Meeting at the perfect crossroads of fast drying and styling ability, this low EMF hair dryer offers 3 temperature settings and 2 air speeds, while also dishing out 2400 Watts of blow-drying-power at 240 Volts.
Elchim 3900 EMF Hair Dryer Features:
- 2 Nozzles
- 9 Foot Salon Cord
- Lightweight Design
- 2 Air Speeds
- 3 Heat Settings
One of the strong points of this low EMF hairdryer is the reduced noise during operation. For such a powerful hair dryer you would expect quite a lot of noise from the Elchim 3900, but thankfully that is not the case.
While being an amazing hair dryer and keeping EMF levels very reasonable, this isn’t the lowest EMF hairdryer we reviewed. If your have a hyper sensitivity to EMF then we suggest you take a look at our next review.
Here is a good feature video covering the Elchim 3900 EMF Hair Dryer:
- PRO ITALIAN DESIGN: Elchim turbo hair dryers are designed with powerful Italian AC electric motors
- SMOOTH SALON QUALITY: Achieve hydrating salon level shine with our nourishing anti static hairdryers
- FAST AIR FLOW: Quiet yet quick, our lightweight full size blow-dryer can cut down drying time by 30%
- HEAT PROTECTION: Far infrared protects hair from getting too hot and cold air finish button included
- CONCENTRATORS INCLUDED: Heavy duty blow dryer comes with concentrator set for perfect beauty styling
If you have a hypersensitivity to EMF radiation, or if you want the safest EMF hair dryer around, then we highly recommend the Shield Life EMFreedom hairdryer.
The EMF shielding technology in this blow dryer is simply second to none. This hair dryer was designed with a purpose: to reduce EMF levels as low as possible.
Along with a 75% reduction in EMF radiation, the additional ceramic infrared heat serves to further reduce radiation. Infrared heat allows you to dry your hair faster while maintaining a luster and shine that doesn’t frizz and cause fly-aways.
Shield Life accomplished their revolutionary EMF reducing design by adding a copper infused layer to the interior of the EMFreedom hair dryer. This copper layer captures the charged particles in the electromagnetic field and simply sends them back to the ground wiring in your home. Brilliant.
Shield Life EMFreedom Hair Dryer Features:
- Super Low EMF Hair Dryer
- Ceramic Heating Element
- Far Infrared Heat
- 3 Temperature Settings
- 2 Speed Settings
In addition to the ceramic heating element and far infrared heat, other helpful features include 3 temperature setting and 2 speed settings. You can lock in your style and really customize the settings that work best for you.
If you want the best low EMF hair dryer, this model is sure to impress. With all the features you would expect in the top hairdryers available today, we highly recommend the Shield Life EMFreedom hair dryer.
- EMF SHIELDING TECHNOLOGY - The patented EMF shielding technology blocks up to 75% of harmful EMF from irradiating your hair and head. The reduced EMF exposure maximizes shine and silkiness while controlling frizz. The EMF shielding minimizes cellular damage to your hair and invigorates follicles to maximize hair health and strength.
- LIGHTWEIGHT EFFICIENT MOTOR - The EMFreedom is powered by a powerfully efficient 1800W motor that generates a safe level of heat to style and set your hair, while minimizing the damaging effects of extreme heat.
- CERAMIC INFRARED TECHNOLOGY - Look and feel amazing as the Ceramic infrared heating technology in the EMFreedom allows you to dry your hair faster and increasing shine and sheen. The infrared heat effectively styles and sets your hair while safely keeping your hair from losing valuable moisture and vitamins.
- NEGATIVE ION SPRING - The proprietary negative ion spring technology maximizes moisture retention in your hair while helping maintain optimal levels of natural oils to keep your hair healthy and beautiful.
- MULTIPLE HEAT AND SPEED SETTINGS - Style and set your hair with multiple heat and speed settings to match your needs. From the "after-show-dry" to the "going out tonight" blowout.
Here is a blow dryer that is gathering a lot of recognition in the arena of professional hair styling. There are a few low EMF hair dryers made by CHI, but the touch screen and great features make the CHI Touch 2 stand out from their other great offerings.
The interface on this hair dryer offers touch screen interaction and technology, so you can dial in settings exactly how you like them. The touch screen is 2.4 inches and provides intelligent screen settings which include speed, temperature, ionic output, and cool shot.
When compared to conventional hair dryers, these intelligent settings are not the typical ‘on-off’ switch. Instead the CHI Touch 2 provides a unique speedometer that enables small incremental changes, so you can fine-tune settings to get the best possible outcome.
CHI Touch 2 Hair Dryer Features:
- Low EMF Emissions
- Touch Screen Controls
- Negative Ion Heat
- Precise Speedometer Settings
- Included Drying Nozzle and Diffuser
For stylists who use their hands all day, this low EMF hairdryer also prevents fatigue by keeping the design lightweight and nimble for long-term uses.
Allure Magazine awarded the CHI Touch 2 as the best hair dryer of 2015 and this model has proved it’s unique capabilities. You won’t find a better low EMF hairdryer for customizing your settings and optimizing results for yourself, or your clients.
With all the precise adjustments and tweaks available, we don’t hesitate to suggest the CHI Touch 2 to those looking for low EMF emissions and incredible performance.
- 1875 watts - CHI's most powerful yet = 50% less drying time
- Lighter and more compact with concave handle for a comfortable grip position
- Soft Touch Rubber Finish that makes for the ultimate in styling comfort and non-slip grip
- Limited 2 Year Warranty
The Karmin G3 Salon Pro comes in as a solid and very affordable low EMF blow dryer. But this hair dryer also offers many similar features found in top-tier low EMF hair dryers.
This is a professional level hair dryer that packs a powerful 1875 watts to drastically reduce dry times. By the same token, dry time is further reduced by negative ion technology.
The negative effects conventional blow dryers have on hair are well known. Healthy hair styling is important. The Karmin G3 Salon Pro offers safe drying with ceramic heating and negative ions that keep your hair smooth and protected from damage.
In addition to an affordable low EMF hair dryer, you also get two narrow nozzles that help with focused styling of smaller areas. A diffuser is also included for truly professional looking results.
Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer Features:
- Low EMF Emissions
- Ceramic Heat
- Negative Ions
- Includes 2 Drying Nozzles and Diffuser
- Great Price
Along with healthier and professional styling results, the Karmin G3 Salon Pro comes with a full 3 year warranty. That’s a lot more protection for your investment than you will find in most low EMF hair dryers on the market.
You’ll really find a lot of value in this blow dryer. Featuring two temperature settings, two air speed settings, as well as cold shot, it is hard to miss the great price. Overall, this low EMF hair dryer is well worth taking a closer look if you are in the market for a professional quality blow dryer.
- Long-Life 1875W AC Motor
- 2 Speed Settings
- Cool Shot
- 2 Narrow Nozzle attachments PLUS Diffuser
- Low EMF
The final place on our list of best low EMF hair dryers goes to the Platform 2000 from FHI Heat. Everything about this low EMF blow dryer exudes professionalism; from a sleek appearance to exceptional performance.
If you need a hair dryer that minimizes damage while providing excellent styling, then you are looking at a formidable option. With gentle far infrared heat, this tourmaline ceramic hair dryer reduces dry time while producing remarkable shine and conditioning.
Low EMF emissions reduce fly aways and frizz so you can lock in your style and minimize hair damage. Tourmaline ceramic far infrared heat produces increased numbers of negative ions, and helps to retain moisture while also resisting humidity from the surrounding environment.
FHI Heat Platform Nano Salon Pro 2000 Features:
- Low EMF Emissions
- Tourmaline Ceramic Heat
- Far Infrared Ionic Technology
- Includes Concentrator Nozzle, Comb, and Diffuser
- Triple Heat Settings
- Dual Air Settings
- Speed dry n ounce zle, curl defining finger diffuser and straightening comb attachment included
- Free gift protective storage bag
- 1 year warranty
- Color black
If you are considering other alternative devices to reduce your overall EMF exposure, you can look over all our recommendations on low EMF devices.